Here at Public Finance International, we have a simple goal: to help our readers find the best online broker for their needs. We take great pride in doing our research and testing in the best way possible.
While we do our best to feature the best services possible, you should always do your due diligence. Online trading comes with a degree of risk. Do note we do not offer financial advice and the information on our website is for informational purposes only!
Our reviews are based on a variety of factors: Commissions & Fees, Investment Offering, Account Types, Trading Platform, Mobile Trading, Research, Education, Customer Support, Trading Tools, Regulation, and Security.
Commissions & Fees
We assess commissions & fees of each broker and compare it to its peers.
- Are trades commission-free?
- How much do you need to deposit to open an account (minimum deposit)?
- Hidden Fees (overnight funding fees, deposit or withdrawal fees, inactivity fees, etc.)
- Minimum balance requirements
- What types of securities can you trade or invest in?
- Do they offer stocks, options, ETFs, Forex pairs, derivatives, and more?
- Do you actually own the asset or trade CFDs?
Account Types & Options
- Does the broker offer a cash account and margin account?
- Can you trade options on your account?
- Do they offer IRA accounts?
- Do they offer additional services?
Trading Platform, Mobile Trading, Research & Trading Tools
- How useful and well designed is the trading platform?
- What types of tools are available?
- Is mobile trading available?
- How good is the mobile trading experience?
- Does your broker offer research in-house?
- What type of educational material is available?
- Does it cover what you need whether you are a beginner or seasoned trader?
- Is it available for free?
- Is the broker regulated by top-tier regulators?
- Do they have a clean slate and haven’t been in any legal disputes?
- How good is the customer service?
- How fast do they respond?
- Are they knowledgeable enough to answer specific questions?
- Is your money segregated and safe?
- Do they offer two-factor authentication or biometric login?
- Is your data safe?